Ihram is essentially making the formal ‘intention’ of performing the Umrah. In order to enter the fold of Ihram, the individual must change clothes and take a proper bath (ghusl) which showcases an act of washing away all impurities.
• Travellers must carry vaccination certificates with them for inspection by the Saudi Authority at the port of entry.
• No food products are allowed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Pilgrims will be authorized to visit any city besides the Holy Sites if they request permission from the Authorized Saudi Passport Offices.
• Their travel agency should be informed of such intention. The travel agency should then provide and arrange for transportation.
• Umrah pilgrims should not overstay their visas.
• Umrah pilgrims are urged to declare all currencies in their possession and to exchange currencies only through authorized currency exchange establishments.
• Travel agencies must submit all contracts and financial guarantee letters before Umrah visas are issued.
• Passports will be returned if the information submitted is not compatible with the information sent electronically by the Ministry of Hajj.
• The Embassy reserves the right to inform the Ministry of Hajj about travel agencies that submit inaccurate or incomplete applications.